Sometimes it doesn’t matter how hard you try you just cannot shift that stubborn belly fat. Having excess belly fat not only looks ugly but it can also become a serious health risk to. The stubborn fat around your abdomen or “visceral fat” can lead to heart disease, diabetes, stroke and even dementia.
The key to shifting that unwanted belly fat is to make a few changes in your lifestyle along with eating the right foods. Sometimes even a simple natural liver detox can help to boost your metabolism so that your body has a better chance at targeting that belly fat.
Sure there are many fat burning pills and supplements readily available but to be honest most of these “miracle cures” just don’t work or come with healthy risks.
The best way to get rid of belly fat is to take the natural approach and there are many foods and spices that can help you to lose muffin top.
Get Rid of Belly Fat with These Simple Foods and Lifestyle Changes
Here are some really effective home remedies to get rid of belly fat fast that actually work and won’t damage your health in the process.
Eat the Right Foods
Below are some of the best foods to get rid of belly fat, try adding some of these to your balanced healthy diet.
- Lean Meat: Lean meat like chicken or turkey breast and even fish, buffalo, and other wild game are some of the best foods to build calorie-burning muscle mass. Eating these lean meats actually forces our bodies to work harder in order to break them down during digestion. The lean protein found in these meats is far less likely to be stored as fat and will be converted into energy for immediate use.
- Chia Seeds: Chia seeds are a natural superfood that are packed full of minerals, vitamins, fiber, and protein. When it comes to getting rid of belly fat chia seeds should be in your meal plan, they have almost no flavor and can be added to almost anything.
- Cayenne Pepper: Who’d of thought that eating a hot spicy chili could in fact help in reducing that unwanted belly fat? Cayenne pepper does wonders for that muffin top! The capsaicin found in cayenne pepper helps to increase blood flow to the stomach which aids in nutrient absorption and improves digestion.
- Dark Leafy Greens: Do you remember as a child being told to “eat your greens”? Well there is a good reason. Dark leafy green like kale, spinach, and collard greens are packed full of fiber, zinc, and iron and help to turn your body into a fat-burning machine.
Get Enough Sleep
Believe it or not, but not having enough sleep can affect your body mentally and physically. So if you are not getting at least 7 to 8 hours of sleep regularly your waistline could suffer.
When you don’t get enough rest your body’s hormone production, nervous function, and metabolism are also crippled. If your nervous system can’t function at full capacity, you’re far more likely to exercise less, work slower, stress more, and eat things that you shouldn’t simply because you’re in a hurry.
On-top of that, lack of sleep can also impair the production of needed hormones that are responsible for the metabolism of fat cells.
Avoid Artificial Sweeteners
Avoid artificial sweeteners at all costs, these sugar substitutes contain chemicals that when ingested are stored in and preserve your fat cells. You may have noticed that those that drink the so called diet drinks are still actually gaining weight, that’s because almost all diet drinks contain artificial sweeteners like aspartame. Aspartame has also been link to cancer and other as well as a long list of other health detriments.
For a healthy natural sweetener try adding Stevia your food. The leafy extract has virtually zero calories and it totally free of harmful chemicals. You can find refined Stevia is almost any grocery store, but try and look out for whole leaf Stevia as this offer far more health benefits.
Pick up some whole leaf Stevia here.
Sneak in Some Exercise
We know that many of you just can’t spend 2 to 3 hours in the gym every day; however it is still possible to sneak in some exercise to help your body burn off unwanted belly.
Try to fit in at least five to ten minutes of vigorous exercise per day, five days out of the week. It could be as simple as using the stairs instead of the elevator at work, just making that small change can have a biog impact.
What you drink can have an impact on your waistline, in a big way. Try including one of more of the below beverages into your daily routine.
- Matcha Green Tea: If you really want to get rid of belly fat you should be drinking Matcha green tea. Matcha is one of the most powerful beverages you can find for melting away belly fat quickly and also improving your overall health.
- Ginger Tea: If you have ever had bad digestion I’m sure you’ve tried Ginger tea. Ginger tea increases the thermogenesis in the body, aids in digestion and can also help get rid of belly fat fast.
Get your belly fat burning teas here.
Plain Old Water
Plain old water is crucial to the fat-burning process simply because your body needs water to break down fat cells and then wash away the toxins that are released during this process.
So remember always staying hydrated is crucial to the fat-burning process!
Boost Your Metabolism
By boosting your metabolism you will burn far more calories throughout the day. Try eating more protein and other foods that contain caffeine, zinc, and essential fatty-acids to help speed up your metabolism. For an added boost try waking up your muscles every other hour by doing short bursts of exercise like a set of squats, jumping jacks or just simply jogging in one place.
Eat Healthy Fats
Essential fatty-acids (EFAs) are much needed building blocks that the body needs to properly synthesize the hormones responsible for metabolizing fat stores. For getting rid of belly fat try adding some of the below essential fatty-acids into your diet.
- Coconut Oil: Coconut oil contains Lauric acid and the medium chain triglyceride found in coconut oil helps to increase energy, improve cholesterol, and burn fat.
- Cold-water Fish: If you want a rich source of essential fatty-acids try eating some fish such as tuna, salmon, sardines, and mackerel all of these will help to get rid on that unwanted belly fat.
- Nuts and Seeds: Certain nuts and seeds are packed with essential fatty-acids such as omega-3. Flaxseeds, Walnuts, almonds, and soybeans, are four of the best choices to help melt away n belly fat. Try not to have more that a small serving size as they are also high in calories, try a handful and you should be ok.
Believe it or not but stress can play a role in your body weight and fat retention. When you are stressed our bodies produce a hormone called cortisol which in-turn causes us to retain belly fat.
If you have tried every healthy food, cheat or trick to try and shift that belly fat and it still not shifting then maybe it’s the stress that is to blame.
Try and take some time to yourself in the day to just sit and relax, look into mediation or even yoga if you are feeling up for it.
When trying to get rid of belly fat don’t fall for the miracle supplements that most of the times do more harm than good. Try to make a few small changes to your lifestyle and diet and you will soon notice the belly fat melting away. If you think your friends or family could benefit from this article why not share it with them?
Photo by Helga Weber